Being in Paris seems to be sending out good vibes for my work back home. Here are the highlights regarding exhibitions and art-related news.
1. An announcement that the Fuller Museum exhibition The Perfect Fit will be travelling around the US visiting various museums over the next 24 months. Among the works will be my installation If the Shoe Fits.
2. Shocham Gallery in Tel Aviv is including my work in their February exhibition on Balance/Imbalance featuring artist mobiles. They are featuring a small number of my floating porcelain pages from the Living Without Them exhibition at the American University Museum in 2008. Last month they included my video from the same installation for a group exhibition called Eco-Book.
3. Two of my works will be exhibited at a very interesting show in Washington DC called Art of the Soul. My video entitled If The Shoe Fits…Buy It and an installation called Basic Needs.
4. My painting of a couple of DC detectives Double Trouble was admitted into the prestigious national portrait show opening in February in Punta Gorda Florida. The judge is Peter Trippi.
5. My porcelain sculpture The Unbearable Heaviness of Being I has been selected for inclusion in the Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts in a show entitled For and About Women.
I’m exhausted just listing all this, and the coordination from this part of the world has required a group effort. Thank you.